Bill Payment Assistance
Equal payment plans are available to residential customers from energy utilities.
- You can have an equal payment plan on your total usage. You will pay the same amount each month.
Annually, the utility will determine if you receive a refund or need to pay. Contact your utility to discuss the payment plan that will be best for you.
Information about bill payment assistance programs:
- Energy utilities must provide a 15-day shut-off notice and a 5-business-day final notice. The notice must explain:
- The reason for disconnection.
- The amount that must be paid to avoid shut off.
- The date your service will be disconnected.
- On the day of disconnection your utility will attempt to advise you or an adult at the residence that your service will be disconnected unless you make a payment.
Service may not be disconnected on the day before or on a weekend or state holiday.