Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

How to Prove Participation

If you participate in one of these government programs, you may qualify for Oregon Lifeline. To prove you qualify, include with your application an official document from one of these programs: 

Federal Public Housing Assistance

You can only use Federal Public Housing Assistance to apply for Oregon Lifeline. Include one of the following with your application:

1. Award letter that has:

  • Name of program
  • Date of the award
  • Name of the participant
  • Award amount

2. Public Housing Assistance lease agreement that has:

  • The type of Public Housing Assistance credit used

If you do not have these documents, contact the agency that approved your public housing application and ask for formal documentation of the award. Find their contact information on the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) we​b page for Oregon​.

Veterans Pension or Survivors Benefit

You can only use the federal Veterans Pension (and federal Survivors Pension) to sign up for Oregon Lifeline. Include one of the following with your application:

1. Pension Grant Letter that has:

  • The participant’s name
  • The participant’s address
  • A decision about the monthly entitlement amount
  • Payment start date

2. Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) Letter that has:

  • Monthly/quarterly/semi-annual/annual payment rate
  • Effective date

3. Survivor's Benefit Summary Letter that has:

  • Survivors claim number
  • The related veteran’s name
  • Monthly award amount​​​