Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Discounted Lifeline Service
If you receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, or Supplemental Security Income, apply to Oregon Lifeline online for a discount on phone or broadband service.
If you receive benefits from Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans or Survivors Pension Benefit, or your total household income is at or below 135 percent of federal poverty guidelines, please print and complete the Oregon Lifeline application for a discount on phone or broadband service.  You may submit your completed application by mail, email, or fax.  See page 1 for this information.  
What happens after I apply for discounted Lifeline service? 
Oregon Lifeline staff will verify your eligibility and confirm you are not already receiving Lifeline service from another service provider.  You will receive a letter from us in the mail indicating the status of your application. 
If my application is approved, how long before I see the discount on my phone or broadband bill? 
It depends on when your billing cycle begins, but potentially up to 60 days.    
What if I am already receiving Lifeline, but want to change service providers? 
·          Call 1-800-848-4442 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
·          Email puc.rspf@state.or.us 
I do not want the Oregon Lifeline discount.
Consider applying for free Lifeline service. 
How do I transfer (port) my phone number? 
Contact your new Lifeline service provider. 
What other information should I know about Oregon Lifeline?
You may be required to recertify your ongoing eligibility for Oregon Lifeline annually.  You will receive a form from Oregon Lifeline staff to complete and sign.  Please contact us if you move or disconnect your service to update your file. 
·          Call 1-800-848-4442 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.