Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Certificate of Authority Application Info
Getting a Certificate of Authority
Oregon law requires that all Telecommunications Service Providers register with the Public Utility Commission (PUC) and correct the registration information whenever changes occur in the company.  Statutes and rules related to applying for a certificate of authority are: ORS 759.020, ORS 759.050, and OAR Chapter 860 Division 032.  Additional information is available on the Telecommunications "Need Help?" page.

Contact Information:
CP Analyst:  Kathy Shepherd, Public Utility Commission
Mailing address:  PO Box 1088, Salem, Oregon 97308-1088
Location:  201 High St SE, Suite 100, Salem, Oregon 97301 
Email:  kathy.shepherd@state.or.us  
Phone:  (503) 378-8959
How to File
The Commission requires that certificate of authority applications, and documents related to those applications, be filed electronically through the Filing Center​

Sample Applications*  
* The Commission periodically makes revisions to the certificate of authority application forms. To ensure that your application is handled in an expeditious manner, please use only the most recently published forms (see sample application links, above). Your application will be declined if you use an out-of-date or non-approved application form.